Montreal Kendo Club 60th Anniversary Junior Kendo Taikai and Seminar 2016
The Montreal Kendo Club is proud to host our 60th Anniversary Junior Kendo Taikai and Seminar in 2016 to celebrate our 60 years of existence in Quebec and in Canadian Kendo community. We look forward to have an enjoyable event for junior and adult Kendokas. Please see below for details.
DATE & TIME:
- Saturday, August 13, 2016
- Registration 8:30 AM for Junior Taikai; 12:30 PM for Seminar only
- Junior Taikai 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Seminar 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (followed by godogeiko if time permits)
Monkland Community Centre, 4410 Avenue West Hill, Montreal, Quebec, H4B 2S9
- 20 CAD for Junior Taikai (includes lunch); $5 for extra lunch
- $15 CAD for Seminar (does NOT include lunch)
- Cheque / money order payable to “Montreal Kendo Club”
JUNIOR TAIKAI DIVISIONS*:
- Individual Non-Bogu Junior (under 11)
- B – Individual Non-Bogu Senior (12 – 15)
- C – Individual Bogu Junior (under 11)
- D – Individual Bogu Senior (12 – 15)
- E – Team - 3 players per team (2 teams per club). Spare players may join other clubs’ teams.
*Divisions are subject to change depending on the number of participants for each division
- Deadline is Monday, July 25, 2016 for both Junior Taikai and Seminar. All registration forms, waivers (for Junior Taikai participants only) and payment must be received by the deadline.
- The afternoon seminar is for adults, but there will be an activity planned for junior participants (TBA). • All competitors for Junior Taikai must be or have been 15 years of age or under as of January 1st, 2016.
- All competitors must wear keikogi and hakama to participate in the tournament.
- All bogu competitors must also wear zekken.
- Each competitor must provide a signed waiver to participate in the tournament (attached).
- Each club is asked to complete and send a single registration form on behalf of its club members.
- Registering clubs are also asked to complete the ‘Shimpan List’ (2nd tab of registration form)
- Please send the registration form via email to email@example.com and other documents via mail to: Montreal Kendo Club (c/o Junior Taikai & Seminar), Monkland Community Centre, 4410 Avenue West Hill, Montreal (Quebec), Canada H4B 2S9.